The Bureau of Market Research (Pty) Ltd (BMR) at the University of South Africa (Unisa) occasionally produce highly pragmatic research products and quality services valued and applied by Sanlam for strategic planning, market segmentation and product positioning purposes.
The integrity and high value of the research produced by the BMR has resulted in a sustained membership subscription of the Household Wealth and Economic Research divisions of the BMR. Sanlam confidently benefited from the business intelligence produced by the BMR with specific reference to the following research reports published in the past three years (2017-2019):
- Macroeconomic and retail trade sales forecast for SA (2017, 2018 and 2019);
- Distributional household balance sheet figures for South Africa, 2016;
- Sectoral and sub sectoral trends in South Africa, 1993-2017;
- Household income and expenditure trends and patterns, 2013-2018;
- Personal income estimates for South Africa, 2013-2018;
- Behavioural aspects to investment decision making;
- Using psychophysiological insights to uncover the subconscious behaviour underlying certain values;
- A baseline survey of the key triggers for the transitioning of informal SMMEs to for SMMEs in the Gauteng Province, 2017;
- Estimating the size of the formal business sector 2013-2017 & 2014-2018.
Sanlam is also a subscriber to the BMR top-up household wealth and business syndicates and likewise benefits from the advanced research services of the BMR providing subscribers the ability of independently manipulate data according to company specific needs. More specifically Sanlam finds good value in the BMR research in support of financial and business planning.
Overall, the research services of the BMR display sound scientific methodological application of research theory and resemble high research ethics and standards. Also, the sustained high quality consumer and business research produced by the BMR has secured valuable business intelligence for Sanlam in support of its strategic intent to create sustainable value for all stakeholder groups. Likewise, the long-term stakeholder relationship between Sanlam and the BMR resembles sound trust and confidence towards the BMR.
Our best wishes accompany the BMR in expanding its research services to other organisations that are anticipated to experience similar satisfactory service performance from BMR commissioned work.
HEAD: CLIENT AND MARKET INSIGHTS