Population Research Unit
The research niche areas of this unit include mid-year population estimates and projections.
The Population Research Unit generates population, epidemiological, health and labour market estimates and forecasts of greatest likelihood. The unit will also conducts population impact analyses of changes in the economy, labour market, market segments, the health status of people (i.e. due to viral infections like HIV and Covid19) and poverty/inequality.
Research focus areas
- Population Projections.
- Labour Market Projections.
- Population and Development.
- Population Impact Analyses.
- Census Technical Assistance and census evaluation studies.
- Population and Health analyses (including epidemiological studies).
- Market Segment Analyses and Forecasts.