We provide professional support to postgraduate students and researchers.
Rates subject to change, T’s and C’s Apply.
Service delivery to:
- Unisa Postgraduate Students
- Unisa Postgraduate Students (Staff)
Service delivery to:
- Postgraduate Students from other Universities
- Unisa Colleges
Our services comprise of the following:
- Assist with research methods, sampling methods, questionnaire design and sample size design
- Manage data editing, coding, capturing and cleaning process
- Identify and implement best statistical techniques within the descriptive and multivariate (inferential) frameworks
- Advice on appropriate data analysis software such as SPSS, SAS, Stata, Eviews and Tableau
- Analysis of data (demographic, statistical, mathematical and econometric modelling)
- Provide some interpretive commentary or recommendations on analysis outcomes
- Facilitation of research workshops and skills training sessions
- Referrals for technical and language editing support provided by a panel of editors
- Referrals for transcribing services provided by a panel of transcribers.
Terms and conditions of our services:
- Although our services can be requested at any stage of your project, it is advisable to involve us from the planning stage. This will ensure that your project is properly planned from a statistical point of view for optimal results when the data needs to be analysed.
- It is the responsibility of the client to provide ample time for consulting and to inform the consultant of any deadlines. As a guideline, requests must be submitted at least 6 to 8 weeks prior to the deadline. For large or unusual datasets, extra time may be needed to research a solution, manipulate the data and compute the results. Results can be delayed by unanticipated problems with the data, availability of computer resources, and seasonally heavy workloads.
- Please note that our services are provided subject to the availability of consultants. RASU reserves the right to terminate or refuse the provision of service.
- Consultations are scheduled on a first-come-first-served basis. Consultations are conducted by appointment only. Should you miss an appointment, you will need to reschedule the appointment depending on the consultant’s availability.
- Students are required to obtain approval from their supervisors before requesting consultancy services, and it is strongly recommended that supervisor(s) attend at least the first consultation. RASU reserves the right to refuse consulting with the student should this condition not be met.
- The RASU team does not act as the supervisor of any student and does not offer any supervisory contribution regarding their field of study and their dissertations/theses. The RASU team are also not responsible for writing research results/findings, conclusions or recommendations in any of the outputs from the analysis of the data.